[RC] Riding and living with your dogs - Joan Ruprecht

All advice accepted!

Because the Mountain Lion ate my 8 lb mutt, and now that I have 2 more 8 to 10 pounders and because the Mountain Lion is still around and the Bears are tearing out doors in all our buildings:

I am about to get a Rhodesian ridgeback, female.

I have for over 30  years owned nearly every kind of dog in existence (except an RR or St Bernard) and never has one of any breed or sex that did not love to go riding and running with us.    Some got stepped on (once) none were injured and none got lost, although I really only wait for them when the are new and have not the muscles to keep up.  None have had problems with other dogs on the trails or wildlife, too busy keeping up with me to chase wildlife.  I also take them jogging with my friend and her dogs, no trouble with that either.

This dog was a stray probably dumped, I saw the add looking for her owner, and called three weeks later to see if she was claimed, no one had, but the people who have kept her have had not trouble , with her staying and unfenced nor tied, and she is sweet, however I have not met her yet.

Please wish me good luck, Ted does not want 3 dogs and I can not see giving up my little ones, but I do not want them eaten either.  Yes I was very protective of my first dog, but the cougar is smarter, hungrier and much more patient than you can believe and so is the bear, after all they were here before us and are well adapted.

Joan