Re: [RC] sarcoid question - Diane Conklin

I had an appy gelding that had one on his eye lid. It was never scabby or ozzy on it's own. It was pink and did scab over after heat treatments or if he rubbed it and irritated it.

It's gone now, not exactly sure why. It did get smaller after treatment for a while....then grew larger....then started shrinking and left.
good luck,
Diane

Sullivan <greymare@xxxxxxx> wrote:
One of my horses has a "spot" that is about the size of a dime, was at first scabby (like rain rot), then seemed to have a slightly oozy center (like a tick bite).....I did 3 weeks of betadine scrub, and putting on anti-fungal ointment or furacin.  Now, it is healed over smoothly, but firmer and perhaps larger.  Looks like could be sarcoid, which animal has already had one removed.....I know, trip to vet in order...but asking if sarcoids ever go through scabby or oozy periods.  It is not black, but pink like the skin.

Biggest reason not to leave it...is location at base of neck, where breastcollar goes....

Karen

Do you Yahoo!?