[RC] Dually and Slide-In - April Johnson

Thanks to all who emailed me about the slide-in camper on the dually. Due to
such a response, I'm sorry I can't email each individually, but I certainly
appreciate your response! The overwhelming advice was that I have to have
jack extensions that swing out when loading and in when driving.
Unfortunately, something about the integrity of the sides of the camper (old
camper!) makes my husband say no way to that. So he'll have to rig something
at some point. In the meantime, he'll try to wrestle it in some way using
smoke and mirrors. Eek.

So, yeah, we bought the truck! Weird timing! Got my car out of the shop
yesterday where it'd been for a week and a half, and the stupid car died
AGAIN not an hour after leaving the shop. Grrr. Called the shop, they wanted
to bring it back in and charge us lots more money to poke around the
electrics system again to try to find the problem they supposedly fixed (and
we already paid them lots of money). Well, very old car and we were not
about to pour good money after bad, so yesterday afternoon, we decided to
look for a heavier truck.

Bought a truck selling magazine. Hubby called about a couple of trucks. We
went out to see the dually this afternoon and bought it. So about 24 hours
after deciding we were just going to buy a heavier truck instead of another
car for me (I get his work truck and the current "hauling" truck becomes his
work truck), we bought a truck. Very quick timing!

Now we have to get that camper over onto the dually (somehow), get our
"spare" horse to the horse sitter's, and pack for Liberty Run! But what a
great feeling to have a competent truck finally! (Hubby even said we could
get a bigger trailer at some point now....hehee, now where to find the
money??)

April
Nashville, TN
Vanity Truck licenses: "HISTRUK" "HERTRUK" "OURTRUK" :-)