[RC] Scioto Run Ride - Mateef

Well, I guess I'll be the first to jump in.  It wasn't supposed to rain, but it did. Not downpour, just a nice light steady rain. But it took a toll on the trails. The one drawback to using two 12 1/2 mile loops is more hoofprints over the same trail.  Molly and her crew did a wonderful job of managing this ride.  The abandoned air strip made a great base camp.  Lots of flat, grassy parking. I lost a shoe on the last bit of gravel road in the last loop and it probably cost me an extra hour of ride time. But Peggy Burgess stayed with me, loaned me her easy boot (which got sucked off in the mud and cost us some searching time, but Peggy found it!). After that, I decided in that soup an easy boot wasn't necessary.  We laughed and told stories the rest of the way in and I have to say I had a really great time.  Hope everyone who stayed for Sunday's ride weren't too buried and I'd sure come back again.  Thanks again Molly.
Sallie in NE Ohio