[RC] Klickitat Crew report - heidi sowards

Well, it was a wonderful weekend!! The riders were mostly a
happy wonderful bunch who had nothing but good things to
say about the trail, footing, markings, etc. Marilyn and
her bunch did a great job as usual. I went to do some
thermography but it was so damn cold and windy that there
was just no way to get any done! So, since Marilyn was a
little short-handed, I volunteered for Pulse person and was
snatched up quick! I worked with Anna who puts on the
Santiam ride. (I didn't catch a last name!) Wow, she's
organized and fun to talk to! I didn't bring enough warm
weather gear, so my ears and fingers froze! I slept in the
back of my pick-up on Friday night! (Never again!) I was
tempted to bring the dog in with me. The next night I ran
my diesel pick-up (while a generator was running so no one
would notice) and then slept in the front seat. Much
better, but I still slept in my coat/socks/gloves. Very few
pulls on this ride. One gal attempted the 100 and all I got
was her first name of Cynthia. Well, Cynthia if you're out
there reading this, you are a doll and your horse looked
great everytime I saw it. Your significant other was a
great crew (from my perspective) and I was rooting for you
the whole way. This gal had a smile EVERY time I saw her.
I'd ride with her anyday. I met lots of new and wonderful
people, saw some outstanding horses, wild tack, great crews
and all in all, even despite the cold, I had fun. I met a
gal from Switzerland (Annarose I think) and she told some
great stories of her horses in Switzerland. Ash helped
himself to her glass of red wine. Sunday I went out with
Marilyn's neice on Ash and pulled the 15 mile loops
ribbons. Poor Ash was covered with ribbons, attached to his
mane, breast collar and literally anything you could attach
a clothespin to. He looked like a feminine reggae horse
that was ready for mardi gras. He could have done the 25 I
think, but I didn't want to push him after not being able
to ride the past month, so he hung out under his highline
and was a good boy. It took him an hour to get in his new
trailer so don't you know this week he's going to get in
and out of that trailer so many times, it will make his
head spin.

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~    http://www.synjinarts.com
                ~~/~~  \\~~~~   (Wildlife/Western & Equine