[RC] Quicksilver LD 25 Miler - CatLyn1388

I wanted to thank Scott Sansom and Maryben Stover for a beautiful ride. It was not easy, but the scenery was gorgeous and Scott "ordered in" beautiful weather for us.  This was only my 2nd ride and I had some problems with my horse in the beginning, so I ended up riding with the drag riders who pull the ribbons. I finished the ride on overtime so I kept a trail ribbon as my completion award. My horse had a great conditioning ride and he now knows have to sit back on his hind quarters while going down hill. He had lots of practice Saturday.

I also want to thank Rick Gomez, Diana and friend, for being great riding buddies and looking after me and my horse. My horses heart rate was pretty high for the first hour and Rick and I kept close watch on him. I only wish I had a pen and paper to write down the many tips they had to share with me.

Congratulations to all the riders and horses who completed or finished without completion. It was a hard days work. Lynda Moulton