Re: [RC] [RC] SEDRA clinic /Dane Frazier - Truman Prevatt

The FHA's distance clinic in the late 80's and early 90's consisted of bring in people like Dane. They've changed formats and SEDRA has filled the gap left. I first heard Dane at the FHA clinic in the early 90's. At that time endurance in FL was a young sport with very few people for new riders to draw on for experience. I remember Dane's first talk well. He told us you don't have to ride 50 miles a week to be successful - that it was the quality of the training that mattered.

After I initiated a conditioning program based on his talk, I spent less time and fewer miles conditioning but my horse improved an order of magnitude, had a long career and retired only because I wanted to breed her and she was getting a bit long in the tooth for that if I waited much longer.

Dane is one of the best. No matter how long you have been around this sport, every time you talk to Dane you learn something new. We were privileged to be able to pick his brain for a day.

Truman

oddfarm wrote:
Amen, Becky. I thoroughly enjoyed his program. I have always liked Dr. Fraizer. His vetcheck-side manners were greatly appreciated. When I first started endurance my second or third ride was Far Out Forest and he was the head vet. I worried to much and knew to little. He was very generous with information and took as much time as was needed to explain and answer my questions. He made me feel like I had the intelligence and common sense to help make the best decisions for my horse on any given day. I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way about him. He is a very smart man, loves the sport of endurance and is genuine in his feelings about caring for and training an endurance horse for a long and successful career.

By the way, thank you SEDRA for giving us the opportunity to attend this seminar. I didn't mean to spend as money as I did on goodies but boy, did it feel good! Love my lampshade with the endurance riders hand painted on it.

And a special thank you to Allison, Lynette, Caren, Jane and the other ladies (and I use that term loosely) who stayed in the "lodge". What a great girls night out. Thanks for inviting me!!

Holla back, young'uns, uh-huh!

Lisa, The Odd fArm