[RC] Lunar Eclipse - nina bomar

Sometimes life just doesn't get any better ;o))  How many of you went out to enjoy the Lunar Eclipse last night?  My dear friend, neighbor and non-endurance riding buddy "Amie" invited me to join her and "Blue" on the trails off Rancho in the Thousand Oaks, CA area for a nighttime jaunt through the hills.  Our plan was to experience this proposed extraordinary event of planetary lineup, which truly illustrated our connection and place among the planets in the solar system.

We began our ride after a hectic day of working and once the horses were saddled we were off to a new adventure.  Taking in the first breath of the cool evening air and fading off into the wilderness is always a time of great tranquility and fortune.  I was riding my little bey boy named "Peanut" and of course "Spider" had to tag along for fear of being excluded from any activity just drives him nuts.  We reached the ridgeline and continued our ascent only to find ourselves riding in the darkness of the night and certainly void of any moon whatsoever.  Then once we peaked, off into the horizon we saw the beginnings of what would eventually be a remarkable evening in which the moon danced with earth's shadow.  Wow... it was spectacular!

Upon our return to the trailers, the show had come to an end and the full moon had illuminated the sky with its fullest splendor. Amie, the wise crack that she is said, " I wanted to go on a 1/2 hour Lunar Eclipse ride not a friggin endurance ride.  We might as well throw the horses in the trailer and go do our hike now.  Hell, it's practically time to wake up again!!!!!"  It was 11 PM!

I hope you enjoyed this unique opportunity to observe the eclipse in its totality wherever you may reside!  Nina Bomar