[RC] Fetlock Injury? - Shelley Kerr

I have a horse that I recently acquired and he has a spot on the front of his fetlock that looks like a lump about 1-2 inches in diameter and sticks out about 1/4 inch.  When I felt it, it's not hard and may be some kind of swelling?  I'm not sure, it's just kind of odd.  I have tried to find out about any tendons or ligaments on the front of the leg that may be injured, but haven't had any luck as yet.  Any ideas from anyone what this might be?  He's not lame, no noticeable heat, has complete movement of the joint.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shelley