[RC] First ride on Cezarr, pt 2 - rrohwer Rohwer

  Our destination was just up ahead.  A little trail that cuts across a corner, then was able to double back on the road and head back the same way we came.  There was a truck parked here and we could hear voices, but didn't see any people.  Cezarr was a little concerned about where the people were, but I just let him know we didn't care.  We had a new destination and that was back to the trailer.  So it wasn't very long until we were right back at the forest service gate again.  It is a much scarier object from this view that it was from the other direction.  Took a little convincing and a couple circles to get around the little trail again.  At one point he thought he would try to back up the bank.  Not a good plan.  Of course once by it the superior attitude showed on his face.  What a big boy I am.
     Going back always seems to go much faster than going out.  So we trucked right along.  Even got into a little trot a couple times.  Came face to face with a jogger and dog.  This was cool they were going the other way and we were headed home.  Got back to one of the gates and dang if the jogger hadn't closed it.  Now I was the one upset.  I started looking around for where I could get back on if I had to get off.  I was not happy with the prospect.  We walked up to the gate and took a look.  I could see that if I could position Cezarr I could flip the wire bale off the gate and get it open.  OK, we have worked on side passing in the round corral.  Let's hope he remembers.  Yeah, he does.  First attempt failed, but lined him up again and yoo-hoo, got the gate open.  Now it is just a hop skip and jump to the trail that leads back to the main road.  Was really hoping the jogger hadn't closed both gates as the next one didn't have as much room to maneuver around.  Yoo-hoo she didn't.  Back down to the creek and the road to the trailer.  Discovered at this point that Cezarr goes down hill very nice.  Unlike Picara who just kind of slams down a hill tripping here and there, Cezarr is very smooth and careful about picking his way.  This could be a joy in my life.  But oh no, not a car parked in front of the path.  That darn jogger again.  Cezarr had several options which way he could go.  The least preferred was over two metal posts that were laying in the middle of the trail.  Of course before I could decide which way to go he decided to go directly over the posts.  As I didn't care for his decision we had to go back up and try this again.  This time I chose the direction and he agreed that it was better than his choice.
     Almost home.  I hadn't eaten dinner yet and was getting hungry.  I was now about 7:10 so was looking forward to getting home.  Couple more cars came by, but hey, this is becoming old stuff.  Tied up at the trailer, unsaddled and brushed the boy out.  Had that satisfied cat grin on my face at a ride well done.  OK, time to load up.  WHAT, you don't want to get in.  Ah come on, there is grain up there for you to eat see.  Nope, can't see it from back here.  Don't believe that it is in there and I don't want to go.  OK, then, come out here and run in circles for awhile.  Want to go now?  Hum will get in half way check things out, nope don't want to go.  OK, let me prop the grain up so you can see it better.  Oh I see it now, I'll get in.  OOPS the grain fell on the floor of the trailer along with the bucket and that is really scary.  I'm out a here.   Dang it.  Ah come on boy you know the grain is up there get in.  Nope don't want to, will run circles all night if that is what it takes, but am not getting in.  Last time I got in something scary happened, so am not going.  Will get in half way a few dozen more times to check things out, but going all the way, no way.
     Am keeping my cool at this point even though my stomach is really getting upset.  Besides it is now about 8:10.  Been doing this asking for an hour.  Many people have driven by and I am sure were enjoying the show.  Finally a good Samaritan stopped and asked if I needed help.  Yes, I said, I do.  So got the boy half way in one more time.  My helper was at the front of the trailer to show him a handful of grain and give a gentle tug on his lead rope.  Oh, there are the goodies.  Up we go, butt rope hooked, door closed, thank you so much.  Yum, munch, munch, I was getting really hungry mom.  Yeah right, me too.  Guess we need to work on the loading maneuver some more.

Becky R. - Montana