[RC] [Guest] green horse that feels lame at the trot - Ridecamp Guest

angela mccorkle@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok I know there are tons of people out that have broke green horses and I
have this filly who just turned four that seems to be off when I ask her to
do a slow collected trot.  I noticed this last year when I started riding
her as a late 3 yr old and thought it was because she was in a strange
growing stage (rear end lots higher then her withers).  I put only a few
arena rides on her at that time and laid her off till just last week.  I
started riding her in the arena again and have let her trot out at her speed
and she moves perfect on limp nothing she lopes on both leads wonderful no
signs of being off. When I ask her to do a slow collected trot (western
pleasure type) with her head down sometimes if feels if she is off.  I had a
friend ride her and she noticed the same thing but not all the time.  I am
wondering if she has an underlying lameness or if maybe using leg pressure
and pushing her into the bit makes her feel off being so green and not
having a clue. She is very responsive and doesn't act like she is hurting
and she has not had an injure in the year and a half I have had her and her
previous owner said she was never lame.  Any suggestions?

Angela  mccorkle@xxxxxxxxxxx