[RC] Re:What is the most interesting thing you've found in the woods - Sarah Rose

What is the most interesting thing you have found in the woods?

About 7 years ago my now ex-husband and I decided to go camping in the woods out in the middle of nowhere.  It was very misty and foggy and starting to drizzle, and as I drove my little truck around this tight-cornered one-laned asphault "road", I will never forget what I saw.  The most beautiful bay arabian trotting right towards me with his saddle hanging under his belly and most of his bridle destroyed.  I threw the parking break on in my truck and jumped out and caught this guy.  I had an old leadrope in the back of my truck and made a makeshift halter out of it for him, then I took his saddle off.  So here I am, holding this beautiful horse, out in the middle of nowhere.  We hadn't seen any farms or residences in 20 miles.  As I was daydreaming about finding this handsome gelding in the mist, wishing I could keep him, I saw his ex-rider stumbling out of the woods about 50 yards down the road.  *sigh*  So I woke up from my daydream.  The lady was OK, and a truck was headed down the road now, with someone looking for her.  Threw the saddle in the back of their truck and handed the horse over to the lady.  As they walked away the gelding turned his head and gave me a look like "Sorry about your fantasy, lady, it would have been nice to be somebody's dream horse".

I still wonder about that horse every now and then, and a part of me still believes I might meet my own bay arabian gelding dream horse some day.

Sarah Rose

Do you Yahoo!?