Re: [RC] Wilderness - Cindy Collins

I was so thrilled to see Heidi and Angie's comments.  I've been really
depressed since reading the letter to the editor in my EN blasting the
Blue Ribbon Coalition and multiple users.  It's really hard to constantly
be the politically incorrect voice!  I've personally sat in meetings with
the Sierra Club and other extreme environmentalists in CA and heard them
say that once they get rid of motorized vehicles, horses are next.  They
keep that stuff quiet, but it's out there in the back of their minds as a
future agenda.  But, aside from all of that and aside from the number of
endurance rides that have been lost due to these same environmentalist
views, I find something totally hypocritical about someone/anyone who
drives a large pickup with a large horse trailer across the country to
competitive events on public lands, then can look at themselves in the
mirror while they support taking away public lands from other less "PC"
users?  Seems to me that some soul searching is in order.  I just don't
have that level of arrogance in me (despite what some of my friends might
think!).  And, how does she think most of us mark trail?  I'm actually so
emotional about this issue that it's hard to discuss.  I have so many
friends with ATVs and motorcycles who have totally lost their access to
public lands and have been demonized and they are the same people who have
spent years supporting my access and marking my trails.  I guess this is
enough ranting.  I just want Angie and Heidi to know that I appreciate
their guts in standing up for the other side.  Cindy