[RC] Riding after feeding - C. Eyler

My gelding has moved to a private farm with great trail access, but now I have a new question.

The farm's owner drives a school bus, so she leaves very early in the morning, is back home by 10am, and then leaves again about 2 pm for her afternoon run.  So the feeding schedule is 10am and 7pm  (the horses are kept in a paddock attached to the barn in the evening/at night).

Never having been in this situation before, I'm not sure how soon it's okay to do a conditioning ride after he's had a full morning meal.  At a ridecamp, he would have had mini meals (heavy on beetpulp and light on grain) during the night and in the morning, but his normal meals at home consist of 3 lbs. of a complete feed grain (no corn), 1 lb. of additional beetpulp, 1 cup of oil, 1 cup of whole flax seed, and his supplements (and right now, while he's still a bit too thin, he's also getting 1.5 lbs. of Ultimate Finish).  Of course, he has also had access to hay all night.

So, how soon after he's eaten all this is it okay to take him out for 10-20 miles of mostly trotting?

Cindy