Re: [RC] BC's for LD's - iris mcquade

okay so if they choose to give one on the LD's, how is it judged? Iris
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] BC's for LD's

First of all, the Bylaws and the Rules are two separate documents.

That said--Rule L9 (the L rules apply to LD) states that:
"An award may be available for the horse judged to be in the  Best Condition."

Note the word "may"--implying that it is not mandatory on LD's.  This is different from Rule 9 for endurance rides, which states:
"An award will be available for the equine judged to be in the  Best Condition."

The word "will" means that it is mandatory that the award be offered.

That said--also note the word "available" in both rules--the first corollary to each rule states in effect that if the veterinarians deem that none of the horses eligible for the award are deserving of receiving it, then it will not be given.

Heidi