  From: Debra Ager
  To: cdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: ridecamp
  Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 7:55 PM
  Subject: dosing syringe problem

  This may sound simplistic, but try dosing him from the other side, if
you haven't already.  Believe it or not, it works on most difficult
horses.  I've had horses that were near impossible to dose from the left
not even raise their heads when dosed from the right.  Stand on his
right side facing the same direction he is, with your left arm under his
jaw and your left hand resting across the bridge of his nose, and slip
your syringe or whatever into the right side his mouth with your right
hand.  You have more immediate control of the horse with your hand
across the bridge of his nose than holding the halter in case he does
object.

  Try it and let me know if it works with your horse.

  Debbie (in Texas)
 Debbie (in Texas)