[RC] Morgans - David & Maggie

I rode my Ol' Bubba for 13 seasons of endurance, LD, and CTR. We even did a Ride and Tie once.

The biggest difference I saw between him and the Arabs was that it more consistant conditioning to keep him fit. We spent two years getting to a consistantly low pulse. Had a lot of 64's. He panted if it was warm or he still had his winter coat.

He had a huge trot. My friends would be extending their canter and he was still trotting.

At the time I was seriously competing him, I had two friends also competing their Morgans. It was not uncommon for their horses to take Grand and Reserve at a CTR. I don't know what their conditioning was like, but they typically had tied scores that were near perfect.

And I wasn't afraid to be different, either. I not only rode a Morgan, I rode him SIDESADDLE!!!

Maggie Pritchard
Ol' Bubba--2500+ miles endurance, LD, CTR