From: trailsz@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:01:28 EST
Subject: Re: Hobbling
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--part1_a7.2cb02b8a.2b4f5948_boundary

Heads up, hobblers!  Horses can & do gallop off while hobbled.  Was riding
with friends at Mugu State Park once and we stopped for a break. Two friends
hobbled their horses. Two of us tied ours.  Imagine our astonishment as we
watched the hobbled horses gallop off after something spooked them!  They
galloped a few miles back up the trail, hobbles & all.  So we all did a sort
of ride 'n tie pursuit using the two horses which had remained tied during
the excitement. The escapees were finally caught by a ranger, 'way back up
the trail.  I think the hobbles were history.

Sarah
"Good horses make short miles."

--part1_a7.2cb02b8a.2b4f5948_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial"
LANG="0">Heads up, hobblers!  Horses can & do gallop off while hobbled.  Was
riding with friends at Mugu State Park once and we stopped for a break. Two
friends hobbled their horses. Two of us tied ours.  Imagine our astonishment as
we watched the hobbled horses gallop off after something spooked them!  They
galloped a few miles back up the trail, hobbles & all.  So we all did a sort of
ride 'n tie pursuit using the two horses which had remained tied during the
excitement. The escapees were finally caught by a ranger, 'way back up the
trail.  I think the hobbles were history.<BR>
<BR>
Sarah<BR>
"Good horses make short miles."</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a7.2cb02b8a.2b4f5948_boundary--

--- End Message ---