Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

[RC] Biltmore Update - Stagg_Newman

With luck,  trails for Biltmore 100 should be OK.

Just rode about 15 miles of trail for Ann Ayala to check for storm damage
including one of the creek crossings.
Ann is having people recheck about all the trail.
Good news is that minimal downfall and the red trail Dingle creek crossing
is already OK.  Right now
it is bright, warm, and sunny so should get some drying but trails will be
muddy forride adding to challenge.  And Ann has added a lot more get single
Tougher but fun.
French Broad River is raging but is not above River Road in any of the
trail that I was on.  French Broad should now be receding.

Main problem is much of the fields where rigs normally park are underwater
and likely to remain so
for a few days.  So Ann should be ok to run the 100.  It's too bad there is
not room for the rigs for the 50.

So as they say around here:
"God willin' and the crik (in this case The River) don't rise"
we should be ok for the 100.  Forecast is for chance of showers and
thundershowers (this is the mountains) next three days but hopefully
there will not be great amounts of rainfall.

Stagg Newman

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!