[RC] IntNewsGroup: Health Update, Maggy Price - Lori & Rick Stewart

Health Update, Maggy Price

Many of you have been asking about Maggy Price's health.  I spoke with her
husband, John Potter, literally just before I left the office on
Wednesday.  Thankfully he had good news to report so I thought I would
share it with everyone.

They think that they now have Maggy's intestinal problems under
control.  Unfortunately, the extensive radiation therapy she received for
the tumor in her leg, weakened her intestines so that pinpoint holes were
developing that caused leakages into her body.  They belive they have now
found all of the holes and repaired them although the entire intestine has
been severely weakened by the radiation.  She has had a permanent
colostomy (sp?) and is learning to live with that.  Her biggest problem
now is that she is extremely weak.  They have her on a diet of 1500 - 1800
calories a day (I wish I could be on that program!) and she is gradually
getting stronger.  She should be back at her farm by now which I know will
help tremendously.

There are still tumors in her lungs and the last time they checked, the
chemotherapy had kept them at bay.  They do still need to address this
problem but they can't even consider doing anything until Maggy has
regained her strength.  Maggy has been touched and thrilled by all of the
good wishes she continues to receive - especially the letters her horse
Charley writes her from Vermont where he is living and competing with a
friend.

Thanks for all of your thoughts of Maggy - she and the family very much
appreciate them.  I'll continue to keep you posted - Mary

Mary M. Lutz
Director of Endurance Activities
Paralympic Liaison
United States Equestrian Team
Pottersville Road
Gladstone, NJ  07934
(908) 234-1251 - phone; ext. 15
(908) 234-9417 - fax

Note: Maggy's address is: 3003 Neyhart Rd, Stroudsburg, PA 18360