[RC] Seabiscuit Movie and Another Seabiscuit Book - Linda B. Merims

>I just this week watched "Seabiscuit, the movie" ...
>It's a great movie
>that even shows some actual race footage...

IMnotveryHO, it's a horrible movie.  The only
relationship between the movie and truth is the
name of the horse.

I've known about Seabiscuit since I was a kid.
Not because I'm that old, but because there
was a book in my local North Claremont San Diego
branch library called _Come On, Seabiscuit!_
that told the story.  Great drawings.

One thing I've never known the cause of is,
Seabiscuit was retired to stud, but was a
failure at stud, and was returned to racing.
I've never known why he was considered to be
a failure at stud.  Was it because his get
didn't do anything, or was it more like
Cigar:  sterility?

Linda B. Merims
Massachusetts, USA