Re: [RC] [RC] Seabiscuit - Barbara McCrary

According to the documentary on PBS, it was Man O' War's son, War Admiral that Seabiscuit beat.  It WAS a fascinating documentary.

Barbara

---- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Seabiscuit

I read the book.  Was really good.  Seabiscuit had bowed legs in the front and when he ran, his front legs would swing out wide like he was paddling.  He was one of the fastest horses around.  I would have to check the book again, but I believe he finally beat Man of War.  One of the historical great horses.  When I say finally, it was because every time the two horses were to race, for one reason or another, one or the other horses was scratched from the race.  Seabiscuit was west coast biggie and Man Of War was the east coast biggie.  It's a really great story and should be a good movie to watch.  This horse just didn't beat horses in races, he killed them by lengths...not by noses.
Shelley