[RC] Pro-CMC and bran mash at rides - JUDYK89

--- Begin Message --- >>What is Pro-CMC?? Thanks!
?
It's a calcium/magnesium supplement for horses.<<

Susan and ridecampers, what do you think of this?  Aren't the electrolytes enough?  Wouldn't this play havoc with mineral balances?  Just wondering, this is the first I've of heard of this product.

While I'm on the subject, why do ride managers offer wheat bran as a mash during the ride? As opposed to say, beet pulp?   Extra phosphorous?  Cost? I never really thought about it before, but I guess I better start giving it to my mare occasionally so her system is used to it for the rides.  I know the horses usually dive right into it, and although I plan on taking shredded beet pulp for the holds, it will be hard to keep her away from all the bran.

Just curious, the recent posts made me wonder.

Judy

--- End Message ---