[RC] warmbloods at endurance - Desiree Simons

Hi TAm, I have a Trahkener, he is magnificient with amazing movement and he is 15, and had him since he was 1, We do dressage, and also trail ride him, but his last year I have started Endurance on a Arab/saddlebread, and although the big guy I love to ride he is too heavey for this sport, the climbing I have done on this other guy I know Safari just could die moving his larger frame up   creekbeds. I so much wished to do it with my heart throb, but his body is just to heavey, it is so important to see what is meant best for each horse, there is a certain level of endruance in these  Warmbloods but then I have a brain on him that I know would never handle the excitement of endurance, he has a back end like a 747, jet on take off, and would be way out of hand with horses coming up his rear end at a fast clip,  and the scarey part is I would not have control, his brain takes over that rear end, and that is it, I am just a passenger. being hijacked. So mind body and spirit is all part of the lesson Ih ave learne d, it is hard because when I leave with this endurance horse I can see him looking at me, sadly why not me, but it comes down to safety and health. My arab /saddlebred is so sensible and   athletic and strong, but managable, in wild situations. it is so much fun, I am never scared, and that is why it is fun. So good luck in finding his place in your life, they are wonderful horses, and a magificience in a speical way. desiree riding all breeds, finding there way.