Re: [RC] Tucker - Lauren Horn

Linda,

You write:" I'm a heavyweight and the thoughts of all those treeless
saddles make me shiver.  This is not going to be an easy search".

I also ride heavyweight and I delayed and debated about trying a treeless saddle. Well, I finally did and I really like it. I think the caveat is, that you have to be a good rider who is well balanced and not a 'butt sitter'. Your weight has to distributed between your stirrups, thighs and seat. It also can be pretty wide (especially on a wide horse) because there is no tree and no 'twist'. Also, getting a proper pad is really important and Skito makes a great pad just for treeless saddles.

My plan was to buy a used one and if I liked it I would sell it (SS keep their value real well) and buy one with the features that I wanted. I ended up liking the original one so much I never bought a new saddle.

Good luck,

Lauren