From: Graham Jenkins <fastashell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue Apr 15, 2003  07:29:59 Africa/Cairo
To: EQUINE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: An enduring question.

Sender: Discussion forum for Horse fanciers <EQUINE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Poster: Graham Jenkins <fastashell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
----------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

G'day all,

This is directed mostly at any of you who might be involved in the
endurance world in America or any other part of the world for that
matter. (Non endurance people feel free to answer if you have any good
answers too.)

A friend of mine and I are developing some software to run endurance
rides. It runs on a network with several PCs placed around the base camp
performing different functions. It's a multi user server based database
system and we may be incorporating the possibility of automatic timing on
start/finish/vet gates.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know of any similar sophisticated
systems that do a similar job? If you do I'd be interested to hear about
them.

We ran a beta test of version 1.0 (a very early "see what happens"
version) last weekend at the Australian championships in Canberra.
Results were quite encouraging. If you're interested to see the results,
and some of the output of the system, look here:
http://ctdera.tripod.com