[RC] Need a Saddle for a Wide Backed Pony (little horse) - SJTHEPHOTO

Hey Everyone!

First let me appologize, I'm sure that this topic has been covered, but I can't seem to get anywhere with the archives.

I have a POA who will be 6 next month.  He's 13.2hh, and pretty much build like a little hunter, or small TB, except for his back.  He is currently broad and flat, and his withers, while certainly there, are fairly low.

Until last October, I had been riding him in my OF Cutback, but it started to bridge, then I switched to my daughter's Wintec Close Contact with a new *wide* gullet.  This fit him great until about 4 weeks ago, when he started getting dry patches behind his withers the size of my hand.

Since then, I have tried:
All of the other English saddles that I own, Including a Thornhill Grand Prix (which bridged)
Wintec Endurance, old style, Wide tree (too wide, saddle tipped foreward, seat to big for me)
Wintec Endurance, Old style, Med Tree (too narrow, fit me great)
Big Horn Endurance.  Fit him ok, but he was cranky with it, and, well, I just don't like western saddles.
Thornhill "Trail" saddle, Wide tree (too narrow.  You can currently find this one on e-bay at my whole sale cost)

So--suggestions please!!

Susan and "Howie" the wonder pony!