[RC] I love my country and Million pines - Laurie Whaley Pearson

Yes Howard, I too found myself during the Sand Hill ride feeling guilty for going off and enjoying myself. I had the TV on all week end, and left my father with strict instructions to call me ASAP if he herd anything from the East (That is what we call Qatar), even though the news seems to show the globe turning counter clockwise and making it seem that they are on the other side of the world, duh turn left....

Anyway I found the ride was great and made me realize that our neighbors husbands, wives, daughters, sons, ect.... where there so that I could me here and not afraid to go outside. I love them all, and when I go to rides I wear my colors to show my love and support form my country and fellow man...(I was reminded of this as I was riding down the trail and Megan Davis was singing a happy turn, and it was something she made up from reading the back of my shirt "UNITED WE STAND"

I can not even begin to know how they feel shoulder to shoulder with country men under different flags... But.. As I was riding Million Pines yesterday I had the opportunity to ride with someone I have never met or road with before. We rode and talked shared the trail time and I find this the best part of going to a ride. I kind of HOPE this is part of this might be like for our guys over in the EAST. BUT I AM SURE IT IS NOT.....

One of my dear friends for more than 20 years (my first love in fact, well that is another story) was a Ranger with the 82nd and got out 1 years before Desert Storm. It killed him to watch it unfold on TV back then, and know he feels even more helpless. So for those who don't agree with what "THE PRESIDENT IS DOING" PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY HAVE PROMISED TO DO AND ARE DOING IT FOR YOU... OUT OF LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS TO GOD AND COUNTRY!!!!!

GOD BLESS AND STAY LOW,

LAURIE

P.S. YES MY COUSIN MELODY'S HUSBAND (AND FATHER OF THREE CHILDREN)IS A COMMANDER IN THE SPECIAL FORCES, 82 AIRBORNE OUT OF TEXAS DEEP IN THE "SHIT" AS IT IS CALLED.