Re: [RC] Riding goggles anyone?Or why I can't ride today. ... - Truman Prevatt

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a pair of wrap around safety glasses. The come in shatter proof polycarboniate lenses in either sunglasses or clear glass. The work very well and they only cost 10 bucks so it's not a major investment to try them.

As for pollen and dust under contacts I started wearing my glasses when I rode - never could figure out how to keep it out.

Truman

Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:
So what about goggles I thought?So they have a sport goggle with sunglass
type lenses?Ones that really seal out eh dust, pollen etc.?And fit
comfortabley under a helmet. (my sunglasses have to pass the helmet test.I

I would recommend borrowing some, if possible, before buying.  I have this
problem too (contacts and living in the high-pollen SE) so I buy
wraparound sunglasses which help a lot.  I cannot wear goggles when
riding, tho, because they fog up and have to wiped every few minutes.  I
have this problem when wearing goggles for anything from playing
racketball to blowing leaves in the yard.  It doesn't seem to be a problem
for everyone, tho, don't really understand, but it makes goggles pretty
useless for me.