[RC] Hopkins/Hildago/ Hoax/ History - goearth

Thank you Linda for seeing this one thru.  I'm not the least bit surprised Mr. O'Reilly and the Long Riders had checked it out and done research and i'm prone to believe them.  Lately their approach to distance riding has been more of an inspiration to me than say the UAE Race with 120 starters and 16 finishers... for some reason that doesn't interest me anymore.  What does is 'Real History' and 'Real People' and 'Real Events'.  Specifically, and this may seem strange, is Robert E. Lee and the winter of 1863-64 and his camp after the defeat at Gettysburg.  Last year we built the fire for the first time in a long time there, and it may have even been since then, but i won't claim it to be so because i just don't know.  What i am looking for is a photo or a description of Lee's Tent that he spent the winter in at this, what is now a cow pasture in Orange Va., because destiny has led me to want to rebuild this camp.  So, if anyone ever comes across a photo or description of this structure i would be most grateful if you could relay it to me or tell me where it came from.  There were many nice homes he could have stayed in as some of his Line Generals did, but he chose to stay with his troops (and there are some really good stories on how he fed them and tried to keep them warm and shoes on their feet).   R.E.Lee was a very real and compassionate man, unlike some like Hopkins who needed to embellish themselves with falsehood, deceit and downright lies, it seems.  So, if you come across any type of description of this Camp it would mean a great deal to me.  We will probably be having a horse adventure from this site at some time soon as the camp is only a couple hundred yards down from the plank road.  thank you,  tom sites