[RC] spring shots - June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf

We just gave the first of our spring shots.  I usually do a week to 2 weeks
apart.  Prior years I have used the "Prestige" 5in 1 and had no problem.
Unfortunately this year it was hard to get it and I had to use another
brand.  NOT GOOD !!!  I vaccinated 18 horses and 6 out of those were
sooooooooo sore I ended up giving bute...stiff necks, heads only at shoulder
level and depressed (luckily mine are food hounds an d no on lost their
appetite).  Then I get a frantic call from a friend who had the vet do her
shots and her one mule was having a really bad reaction...labored
breathing!!  She called the vet immediately and he came back right away and
administered antihistamines.  The brand the vet used was the same as the
brand I used.  Uhm!!!

I ended up calling the company and I had to go through several minor
employees who didn' understand what I was saying but, they ended up
transfering me to one of the on staff vets.  He was very nice and VERY
interested in my horses and their symptoms.  He also asked me to call him
back and let him know how long it took for the horses to get over their
stiffness and depression.  I would highly recommend anyone who has any
adverse reactions to call the company.  Ask to talk to someone of
importance.

My guys are finally looking pretty good today.  I will have a hard time
using that product again....and will place my order for spring shots really
early next year so I can get the preferred product.  None of the horses that
were affected ever had any problems before.

June

Equine Enterprises
June Scheunemann
Mike Bernsdorf