RE: [RC] Low completion in Dubai - Steph Teeter

>>Less allowance for very minor "off" gait?>>

Yes, much much tougher on lameness.

>>In other words lower pulse requirements?  >>

Not necessarily - 60 is common.  (but I think the pulses are more strictly and accurately monitored)

>>Gut sounds? Dehydration?>>

I can't answer this specifically, but they use CRI at all vet gates, and will pull horses based on poor CRI (8 bpm higher on the second pulse may be cause for elimination).

They (overseas FEI rides in general) also frequently use exit checks on horses that are questionable - they ask the horses to represent at the end of the hold before they are allowed to go back out on the trail.

Steph