Re: [RC] headsetting - Sullivan

----- Original Message -----

.....  some horse s just naturally collect more than others.   but if your horse is high headed, and flings his head back like you said, then these flexing excercises are definitely for you.  i have worked with some horses that were like that and have had amazing results.   but again, it is work.  you wont get it done in 15 minute sessions twice a month, more like 45 minutes to an hour, 3 times a week.  but it is worth it.        ed

**ed, while I will never argue the merits of this (heck, am doing very short flexing lessons with the young horse every day), I still maintain, that what cures an amazing number of horses of the high-headed stuff is just extremely long, boring walking rides.
Eventually, they figure out how to put that head down and out, relax and WALK!.