Re: [RC] Synthetic shoes - Lauren Horn

I've used synthetic shoes before; Marathons, Sneakers and another that I forgot the name.

They definitely reduce concussion and do stimulate the hoof to grow more. If your horse has weak walls I would not recommend them because the shoes do flex a little (Sneakers don't flex as much because of the metal inside, but they weigh a lot more) and nail holes will loosen. You have to re-tighten the clinches every so often. Depending on how your own horse moves and wears shoes will dictate how they will wear the synthetic shoes. Some horses are light on their feet while others are not.

You could always experiment and try it.

Lauren