[RC] Great day to be alive! - FancyNite

Hope everyone had a GOOD riding weekend!  Yeah, spring has sprung!

My husband and I actually got to get out and RIDE this weekend.  We were planning on just tinkering around the farm, when he looked at me and said "Lets travel."...
OK BABY! (hey, I don't like to argue!)

The trailer is still in its WINTER state.. (plumbing all in pieces... quite scary actually)
We threw our saddles in the LQs and headed for Hoosier N.F.

The sun was shining, kinda breezy... but BEAUTIFUL!  We laughed at all the things we FORGOT... OK, so we're a little out of practice... lol

The boys were pretty jumpy in camp, watching kids RUN their ponies up and down the pavement WITHOUT helmets.... UGH  I wanted to go give their parents a stern talking to.  Robert thought it best I just jump on my own pony and leave the premises.

The hole time riding I couldn't help but sing (Travis Tritt's song) "It's a great day to be alive, I know the sun still shining, when I close my eyes..... there's some hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't ever day be just this good...??"  I don't want anyone to worry though, I still sang my "Boom-Boom ain't it great to be crazy?" and the Chicken Dance was performed as well.

We saw, deer, turkeys (Savage still hates turkeys.... An immediate 180! Geez, glad I remembered the Velcro... lol) lots of hikers and TONS of Boy Scouts (with SCARY tents) enjoying life.  I love to see the kids eyes light up when they see horses.  Oh, look!  I had quite a few comments on my purple... rofl
We managed to get in about 19 miles, YEAH.  But before heading back to camp we thought we would do some WATER training... ROFL  You would've thought these boys never seen water before... OK, well maybe not WHITE CAPS...  We tried for ten minutes to get them into the lake... (training for S2S...eg) to know avail... well at least we were close... next time!  Savage acted like a monster was in the water.... NO WAY MAN. ... you're NOT getting me to put my feet in there!  The folks in the boats had a good laugh.

Keep riding, keep smiling
Jinnifer Plummer