Re: [RC] [RC] Photosensitivity (rider...) OT dental problems - Stephanie E Caldwell

Do you have any other symptoms?  Do you seem more sensitive to the heat?
Hives?  Rash (like prickly heat)?  Raising of blood pressure?  Or is it
sunburn only?

Yes, I've got other symptoms, this is just the most bothersome to me at this
moment in time. I'm in the process of trying to get my diagnosis, which
we're heading towards Lupus or Transverse Myelitis. While I'm on the subject
let me share a little bit about my problems with y'all, many of you probably
have children and grandchildren, and possible yourselves facing dental work
in the near future, and all my problems stemmed from that.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled in November, simple extraction. However,
especially in women at the high estrogen time of their cycle, Novacaine with
vasoconstrictors (slows the bleeding...) should not be used in extraction.
Women are also much more susceptible to dry sockets than men, especially at
certain times of the month. I had a dry socket and it was packed with a
"new" product out of Canada. My socket was not cleaned before packing and
I've ended up with a plethora of problems from it, including partial
paralysis, fatigue, photosensitivity, severe joint pain, etc... There are
days when I go to the barn and am unable to even muck my stall... The
majority of dentists, unless they're young and fresh out of school don't
realize how these drugs affect women. It's clearly in the warnings on the
package and the dental schools know this, but I wish I had either researched
it or someone had told me before hand. FWI, I researched everything I've
ever had done to my horse in detail beforehand and never thought to look up
a simple dental procedure...

Stephanie