[RC] FHA 100,60,40 - Part Two - Teri Hunter

As I was sitting there watching my favorite riders go through vetting
watching intently how their horses were moving I noticed the vet.  I don't
know his name but he seemed very concerned with each rider and that they
knew everything about the horse and how they were doing.  He treated each
one as if they were the only rider there.  I am sorry for not knowing the
name.  He really deserves a lot of credit.

Awards were scheduled at 6 and were right on time.  Boy those volunteers
sure worked fast to calculate everyone's scores.  I don't remember everyone
who took home an award.   They were actually very beautiful.  The ones I do
remember is Ramsey took home Grand Champion, her daughter took home second
place junior.  Caren Stauffer took home Best Trail Horse.  Everyone seemed
really happy.

At 7:00 pm they had entertainment at the Rocking Horse Stables where the
ride was held.  Wonderful exhibitions by different types of riding.  First
they had America the Beautiful playing with a reining horse doing his thing
with the American Flag.  Brought tears to my eyes.  If they would have
played Anchors Away I would have been a blubbering idiot (because I have 2
in the Navy).  Then we all stood for the National Anthem with the American
Flat in plain view in the center of the ring.  After that we saw
performances by the Citrus County Mounted Patrol and their drill team.  What
magnificent animals.  Classical Dressage performance by an International
Rider.  What the killer was is he used an Arabian.  What a beautiful
performance.  Flying lead changes with every step.  Piaffe's, Passage,
Extended Trot, Half Pass, Side Pass just beautiful.  Then the reining horse
came back with another performance with sliding stops, wow! and more.  There
was also a funny spot in the show.  The announcer said that he was a
International know famous trainer. Then he announced his name.  I looked at
my friends and said "I never heard of him".  Lynette Burks said she thought
it was going to be funny.  She was right on the money.  We laughed and
laughed.  I have never seen things done with a horse like that.  That
performance ended the show.  We all went back to our trailers and either
partied for those that were finished or went to bed for those that were
riding the 20 miles for their 60 mile or 100 mile ride the next day.

Hopefully someone that stayed for the Sunday ride or who rode the ride will
post more info.  This is not just a ride it is a BIG event with lots of
history.  If you ever get a chance and would like to ride this one, look for
it next year.  It is usually booked up so keep watching for the next ride.
Ride info can be found at www.distanceriding.com  click on FHA.

Teri

Teri Hunter
Webs By Teri