Fwd: [RC] what is the best dog to gueard horses? - FASTGraphic

--- Begin Message ---
In a message dated 3/19/2003 11:41:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
snodgrab@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  Rotties overall are very nice dogs but have a
real high "scare" ratio. >>

OMG - that is the absolute truth.  Our girl, Kahlua is about 95 pounds of
"evil, ferocious, terrifying, demon-dog."  Well, that is what people think
when they see her.  In truth, she is the sweetest, kindest, softest, most
kid-safe dog I have ever seen.  Our three girls have pinched her, bit her,
pulled on her, tried to ride her, and subjected her to every other abuse
possible since they were 5, 6, and 7 years old and she was 6 weeks.  Through
it all, she tolerates them with a loving lick.  Never a single growl.  Never
a snap.  And now she is the mother of TEN three-week-old puppies that are
cuter than any little thing has a right to be.  I highly recommend the Rottie
as well as a family pet and guard dog.  If an intruder came onto our property
and somehow was not afraid of the sight of Kahlua, she might just lick him to
death.  :o)
Scott

--- End Message ---