[RC] Convention Kudos! - RISTREE

First off, I'd like to clarify that I was not the NE person who had toilet paper roll under her car.  :-)  (But I heard about it.)

Secondly, thanks to everyone for the great deal of work that must have gone into the Convention.  We really enjoyed the trade show (tho we heard it was significantly smaller than Reno's due to the anticipated turnout, among other reasons), the speakers, and just the camraderie.  It was nice seeing endurance riders without helmet hair and electrolytes splooged on them.  Some of you clean up mighty fine.

Like Mary, we were disappointed that not everyone could get into the room for Regional Awards.  After our region was announced it was tough to know whether to stick around for the rest or get up to allow others to get in.  We opted to get up, but had a tough time knowing which was more rude!  Glad to hear that we'll have a plenty big room next time around.

This was my first convention, and this was my quandry -- how do you know whether to attend committee and/or board meetings or the seminars?   I've been a board member in an organization and would have loved to have sat in on some of the meetings, but also know that sometimes small committees are able to work more quickly and frankly without an "audience."  And of course, there is the desire to let a speaker know how much you're interested in what they have to say.  And then the learning . . .   How do most of you manage this part of it?

Last but not least, in addition to all the other incredible speakers, I wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the Vet Panel.   The final question was regarding what the vets would like to tell us for the upcoming season, and the advice was loud and clear -- take excellent care of your horses, treasure the partnership, and HAVE FUN!

It was a great way to welcome what appears to be some semblance of spring in the NE.

--Patti Stedman