[RC] Big Name Stallions - Kat Forst

I really think this is totally of subject from the origional should I breed or not? question that was asked.  So I'm changing the subject.

Now tell me this, if I told you that my Arabian stallion has 2ble Khemosabi breeding, Raffon, and some others, wouldn't you turn your head?  Both of these have been "popular blood" for quite some time now.   The reason?  Simple, they were well known show horses, with a record of producing sound, smart, sweet, show quality offspring.  And that has been carried through MANY of their progeny.  Sure, some decendents aren't holding the family name very well, but most of that can be attributed to crossings with not-so-good mares.

I would also like to point out that there have been some of the best show horses of all time coming from some random "back yard breeder".  My baby kept me up all night or I could tell you some.  Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure the legendary Khemosabi++++ is one of them.  Granted, I wouldn't say that anyone can just throw together a baby and get a champion, but it has happened.

I'ld also like to say that I think whoever it was that put the idea of Arabian stallions being so very in and out of the spot light was exagerating a little. Sure, that happens, but I am pretty sure all breeds get there "moment" stallions. If you really know your Arabian blood lines, which I will not claim to, you will find that there are several lines that consistently show what breeders want.

I would also like to make the point that people who are just getting started in horses will fall for anything. To make an examples, my dad once fell for a double scam (granted he's an idiot, but traders do it all the time).  The people selling a horse "Puppy", had told my dad that he had  *insert random stallion* blood, and that he was one of the biggest names in QHs. (not true, they just made it sound that way, and dad believed them, what did he know!)  So dad goes to look at him, why I don't know, (man was so nieve, he didn't know what he was looking for).  My dad struts up  the lane trying to look all horse-wise, and of course these sellers saw him for what he was (a newbie, with no knowlege at all of horses). They invited some friends of theirs  over, the usual ones, and these friends proceeded to make comments (to themselves of course...) about how GREAT Puppy's lines where, his conformation, etc.  Then the people selling him told my dad that these people had been there before, and th ey were probly going to buy Puppy if dad didn't RIGHT THEN. So dad did, he didn't have a clue what he had gotten.

When dad got Puppy home he asked me if I wanted to ride him.  I, of course, said ya. (I was the reason they bought horses, nother story) He was AWFULL, the type you would find as the "advance rider" horse at a riding stable. Head strong, tough mouth, tossing the head, going the way he wanted, eating (with no pulling him up), he was the type to Alpha herd, and take the other horses food, etc.  Dad eventually sold him for 1000 less than he had paid to... A riding stable. Looking at pictures now, I'm not even sure he's all QH, that's how bad his conformation was.

The point is, any one can make their stallion sound good, and sell babies if they are willing to do this. I think it gives horse people bad names though.

Any ways, enough rambling

Kat d. Forst

Night Star Arabians

Do you Yahoo!?