Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0184 - NdurN

In a message dated 3/7/2003 1:24:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As I understand the problem, a popular couple missed out on
the award because they did not meet the proportional
requirements. They made a mistake and thus missed out when
they thought they had it in the bag.

They did not "think they had it in the bag"...they were leading by over 1000 points all year and the last ride of the year, the wife pulled from the 100 because she was ill which made her I think 30 miles short of the proportion.  IMO "that's broke"  I think Joe's idea of a minimum number for the lowest partner is probably the best solution.
This couple never said a word..the outcry came from others when they were totally removed from the standings in the EN.

Susan K