Re: [RC] horse color website (rabicano etc) - Heidi Smith

>I think my extremely roan rabicano on red chestnut,  flaxen, much-chromed Arab colt has gotten even roanier than he was at weaning.  By Heidi Smith's "conservative bay in a business suit" as she puts it, Abu Ben Surrabu, out of a light flaxen chestnut CMK mare.  I think it came through from the Bowling genetics on her sire, because the other side of the pedigree has only boring plain chestnut with no roaning :-)

And boy howdy, is Karen's colt ever roan!  Actually, my "conservative bay in s a business suit" had an even more conservative bay sire, who in turn had a conservative bay sire--but granddaddy for all of his conservative business suit, sired several horses with roaning.  (So Karen, your colt could well have gotten a double whammy, even though I've not seen it crop out on that side of his family since some of his great-granddaddy's kids...)

Heidi