[RC] Husband/Wife Award - Darolyn Butler-Dial

Dear Campers,
Oh contrair Bob Morris,

this perceived inequity has been going on for years.  My husband & I have
been disqualified from the standings on at least 4 occasions, including this
year, as I am sure many other couples have been, but have not been noticed
or possibly complained about.  I have been trying to get this ridiculous
mileage restriction changed for years.  This mileage arrangement was done in
an emotional over-reaction to a husband who did a single 50 mi. race right
at the end of the season (many years ago) & that 50 coupled with his wife's
high mileage won them the Husband & Wife award.  BOD, would it not be easier
to just require the lesser mileage holder to have at least 250 miles to
his/her credit & not worry about percentages, etc.

I feel 250 miles in a season shows the serious intent.  For goodness sakes,
in 2002 & 2001 there were people placing in wt. divisions that have only 250
miles.  That is equivalent to five 50 mile rides.  I'm not sure, (Mike M. u
can tell us), but that is probably close to the national average if you were
to take an average... maybe higher.   This restriction makes no more sense
that restricting the family award to making sure all family members ride a
percentage of all others.  And I'm sure the Suhr's intent was not to
restrict a husband and/or wife who was riding fairly serious miles, but
didn't quite keep up to 1/2 of what the other spouse was riding.

The restriction was simply made with too little forethought in an effort to
stop an abuse of the system.  Unfortunately, this is not the first time a
rule/restriction has been passed under this type of hysterical emotion.  BOD
you can fix this easy enough with the fix suggested above.

Thanks in advance   (Mike, Stephanie, can you forward this to the BOD)
dare
Darolyn Butler-Dial & Mark Dial
     CYPRESS TRAILS EQUESTRIAN CENTER & HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE
            Proven Endurance Horses for Sale or Lease.
Adventure Trail Rides * Boarding * Training*Lessons *Parties
Represents:   Sharon Saare Saddles, Professional Choice, Advanced Biological
Concepts,  & KM (Human Electrolytes)
ADVOCATE :THE WHOLE HORSE TRIM (Barefootin")
21415 Cypresswood Dr.  Humble, Texas 77338
       Ph:  281 446 7232    Fax 281 446 0113  Toll Free (800) 228 8768
     e mail: darolyn@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:darolyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
http://home.swbell.net/darolyn/