Re: [RC] [Guest] hard to shoe horse - FancyNite

I feel I can give a little advice. (not that is worth anything mind you)

Savage was the KING of IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOE.
Had to tranq. him anytime I wanted shoes.  If I was at a ride, well you guessed it, I had to either 1. Pull myself or 2. run on easyboots.

I got fed up with this rather quickly and was at the end of my rope.  Savage had flipped in the cross ties, broke the farriers finger, he was basically a MONSTER. (and this is just a few things he had done)  I found it quite embarrassing actually and we went through 3 farriers in a year.  I could pound on his feet all day long, but as soon as the nail was being planted "Sh#@ would hit the fan".

A friend of mine (thanks Barbara) suggested I try the "Stableizer" (equine training system).  She let me borrow hers,  I tried it one time and was ready to load the gun.  I called the gentleman who made it "Buck Wheeler," balling.  This doesn't work, the horse is an a#@hole.... blah, blah, blah....

He invited me down to Equitana to be in his demos that year. (think it was 98)  Long story short here (sorry, trying to) I left the fairgrounds with 4 shoes and a rather happy horse. Buck was rather pleased too, Savage sold A LOT of them that weekend.

Turns out I was just using it wrong.  I still use this on Savage to this day.  NO, I don't have to use it as aggressively as before.  As long as it is on.. .the farrier could probably cut his leg off.  Savage knows its there and that's all I need!  (YIPPEE)

GOOD LUCK, I know it is a VERY frustrating thing to go through.
If you would like to email me privately, please feel free.
Jinnifer Plummer & the SAVAGE BEAST.