[RC] boarding - Alice Yovich

I know Jessica personally and she told me "never board for a friend" And
she was right. I finally let one friend in KY board at my house for cheap
and it was just as Karen described. She didn't pay on time, didn't show up
to pay at all, then she started giving the money she owed me in board to my
soon to be ex-husband b/c she felt like I was doing him wrong (and she
wanted him to be her next) I think he finally had to have the horse hauled
away to another place after I moved out b/c she was making no effort to
move her horse.

I currently board at an awesome facility. If I didn't board (I live in
Dallas/Ft. Worth area) I wouldn't be able to afford my horses. I'm in a
coop. Between the horses and boarders we make up the labor and the barn
board each month. the board does fluctuate a bit, but it's great. We each
have days that is our day to care for everyone. and we all get on so well.
There are a few minor squabbles on occasion, but nothing major. I love it
there.