Re: [RC] Endurance riding/racing growing pains - Truman Prevatt

I'd expect the UAE would be more than happy to be the permanent host for the WEC. I also expect they would be more than happy to foot the bill, pay staff to support it, etc. Now if that is in the best interest of endurance is another question.

Truman

Heidi Smith wrote:
>Could we sit down with FEI and plan the locations of the next 10 World events, making sure that the countries with the larger numbers of membership in their local organizations had a representative number of events in their country?
Having events on "our" type of terrain is likely the best way to make international endurance more like "our" rides.  That said--FEI would likely be thrilled to have offers of venues for years in advance.  The problem is finding individuals willing and able to put them on.  It is a complicated and expensive task, takes months away from one's work and family if one is an actual part of the OC, and takes literally hundreds of volunteers.  It is also a lot of fun, but unless one has the time and the access to the funding, as well as the trail savvy to be an RM in the first place and the organizational savvy to run such an endeavor...  Well, you get my drift.  We don't exactly have people standing in line begging for the job.

Heidi