From: "Maureen A. Fager" <trottin27@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC] Dressage Saddles for Endurance Riding

Hi All,
I have been enjoying this thread and am interested in it.  Yesterday a
distance riding friend was telling me that she has also began to take
dressage lessons.  She mentioned that she had read in the an English horse
magazine, she said it compared the the USA's "Practial Horseman" that there

was a reccomendation to use a dressage saddle on horses who had the saddle
slip forward on downhills.  The reason being, the sadddle fits behind the
shoulders and this keeps it place on decents.  I have terrible problems
with
saddle slipage on my mare on downhills, and so was interested in this point

of view.  Would any of you who now ride in dressage saddles like to comment

on this?  I have not been able to read the article my self, so the info is
second hand and I hope I am repeating it right.  Thanks in advance for any
commments.
Cheers,
Maureen
Reno, NV

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.