Re: [RC] Health&fitness consensus - Bonnie Davis

About pools, I have bad knees so swimming is my exercise (when I do it) of
choice.  A lot of hotels will allow swimming.  Up at Yreka the AmeriHost
hotel has a swimming class each day -- their pool is heated.  And here in
Fremont, Marriott Hotel 'rents' their pool.  If you're a senior they'll
often let you swim at a discounted rate -- about $25 per month.  So try some
of the hotels -- I've found if one applies the
I'm-an-old-woman-trying-to-keep-healthy pitch I have better results.

Age does have its advantages.  Don't wear your glasses and you don't see the
wrinkles in the mirror.  Meals are 'senior priced'.  Those young guys at the
feed will load your sacks of feed for you without you having to ask (or
being young, pretty and thin).  If you disagree with someone they just think
you're old and crotchy.  And if you walk into the barn and can't remember if
it was for the horse or just to turn the lights off, you can blame in on
being a little senile.  But the main thing about being old is that you can
wear all types of clothes in all kinds of colors that don't match and you
just don't care -- after all, this is the time of life when you enjoy just
being alive even with all the aches and pains so to hell with what other
people think.  If they avoid you, well that's THEIR problem -- they just
don't know what a fabulous person they've passed up.....

Bonnie Davis