[RC] Ft. Valley Endurance Ride (NE) - Saturday's photos are on-line! - Flora Hillman

Photos of competitors on Ft. Valley Endurance Ride for Saturday, October 26th, 2002  --in the  30 limited distance, 50 mile,  2-day 100, and Ride and Tie -- are now on-line at http://aurigafarm.8m.com/stories/FtValleyPhotos/ftvalley02.html  The webpage is designed in frames to allow for quick scanning of the photo list on the left, and loading and viewing of each individual photograph on the right.  If you have any problems, please contact me.

The photos of the riders are courtesy of Charles Yates who spent most of Saturday either at the vet check or at Camelot Farm's entrance photographing the runners and riders coming in, or going out, on the various loops.  I remember looking up as I went out on my second loop and seeing this smiling guy, perched precariously on top of the gate post at the end of the driveway, (the best place to get the best view), aiming this really nice (what looked to be) 35mm camera in my direction. I smiled back and thought "boy, that's a really nice camera. He's going to get a wonderful shot of me."

Not only did it turn out to be a beautiful shot (several beautiful shots, as a matter of fact - two of which are now hanging in my husband's office at work), but when Charles graciously sent me the complete CD of all the photographs from his 4mg digital Cannon camera, I was overwhelmed to see that it filled with outstanding photographs of almost all the competitors on Saturday's ride.   (I say "almost" because I'm unsure if everyone was captured, or not).  Some of the photos were used in the Endurance News article, but the rest had to wait until I had a chance to design and upload a webpage that would display his work.

A very special "thanks" goes to Charles for not only taking these photos, but in graciously giving them to the riders as well.  Also thanks to Dr. Amy Worrell for her photographs of the beautiful scenery of Ft. Valley (taken enroute), and to other photographers whose lovely shots of the mountains overlooking the Shenandoah Valley, and from the valley looking up at the Massanuttens, are also included.

Enjoy!

Flora Hillman
AERC #30079