[RC] [Guest] gastroguard- alternatives-cost solutions - Ridecamp Guest

wendy mickels wendymickels@xxxxxxxxxxxx

A few months ago i posted a message about using U-guard vetstrength on
endurance net. I believe the company according to the rep has bought the
back cover to 1 of our endurance Mags.It is a much cheaper alternative to
gastroguard. It also apparently works and can be used in competition as it
is not really a drug but in the nutriceutical family. It is just very
smartly put together. It has made a lot of ponies very happy. There is a
gurantee on it . comes in paste, liquid, and powder. There are no side
effects that I know of unlike other drugs. The manufacturer may be at the
national convention., I gave them the dates and contact info so look them
up. i know of 1 off-the track Tb not responding well to gastroguard  that
went on this stuff 3 weeks into therapy. The owner called me and said after
2 days the TB polished off his bucket and has continued to gain weight and
basically developed a real attitude. she likes the pink nose at the end of
the morning. Always work with your dr as ulcers can be life threatening. If
you do switch products make sure to monitor the progress inside and out.
Gastrroguard has been compounded by a number of pharmaceutical compounders
at a lot cheaper price but... the quality can very widely and you may get no
real bennifit. This is the only alternatives to Gastroguard i know of. One
thing to consider is will your insurance carrier pick up the tab? If you are
not sure have not done scoping yet., get some. then scope-a-way. insurance
for death and repair usually runs around 500.00 max per year. now average in
the 28 day gastroguard treatment...It costs $250. min everytime you go to a
ride (gass, entry, shoes, babysitter,food). so insurance is a small fee- 2
ulcer / metabolic pulls in a season will pay for it.lots of luck,
Wendy